The 7th Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival has ended on its grandest glory earlier tonight, July 24, at the Main Theater of the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP). Cinemalaya 2011 Awards Night was hosted by Paolo Bediones and Angel Aquino. After an 8 day theatrical run of the Cinemalaya 2011 Entries, the Cinemalaya 2011 winners has finally been named!
Big winners for this year’s Cinemalaya are Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank (for the New Breed Full-Length Category) and Bisperas (Directors’ Showcase Category) – each bagging away five awards including the much coveted title “BEST FILM” on their respective categories.
Quite expectedly, for the acting awards in the New Breed Full-length Category, Eugene Domingo won “Best Actress” by portraying herself in Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank.On her acceptance speech, the 40 years old actress exclaimed. .
“ Buti nalang puro lalaki ang sa Amok kung hindi baka ako Aamok[…]
Kung hindi ako nakakain ng tae hindi ako mananalo[…]
Shamaine congratulations! Buti na lang napunta ka sa best supporting actress.”
As for the best actor, Edgar Allan Guzman won for his sexy comedy film Ligo Na U, Lapit Na Me.Meanwhile, Loy Arcenas’s Nino, garnered four titles making it considered as the second best film in the New Breed Category.
Walang Katapusang Kwarto picked up the Best Film award in the Short Film Category and Best Director goes to Rommel Tolentino for Niño Bonito.
In the Directors’ Showcase Category, Bisperas bagged away five trophies —Best Film, Best Actress (Raquel Villavicencio), Best Supporting Actress(Julia Clarete), Best Cinematography (Roberto Yñiguez) and Best Production Design (Rodrigo Riccio).Bembol Roco won as Best Actor for the film “ISDA: Fable of A Fish“.Unfortunately no one won the Special Jury Prize on the director’s showcase category.
And here’s the complete list of winners in the Cinemalaya 2011:
New Breed (Full-Length) Category
- Best Film – Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank
- Best Director – Marlon Rivera (Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank)
- Special Jury Prize: Niño
- Best Actress – Eugene Domingo (Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank)
- Best Actor – Edgar Allan Guzman (Ligo Na U, Lapit Na Me)
- Best Supporting Actress – Shamaine Buencamino (Niño)
- Best Supporting Actor – Art Acuña (Niño)
- Best Screenplay – Chris Martinez (Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank)
- Best Cinematography – Arvin Viola (Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa)
- Best Production Design – Laida Lim (Niño)
- Best Editing – Lawrence Fajardo (Amok)
- Best Original Music Score – Christine Muyco and Gemma Pamintuan (Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa)
- Best Sound – Mike Idioma (Amok)
Short Feature Film Category
- Best Film – Walang Katapusang Kuwarto
- Best Director – Rommel Tolentino (Niño Bonito)
- Special Jury Prize – Hanap Buhay
- Best Screenplay – Emerson Reyes (Walang Katapusang Kuwarto)
Directors’ Showcase Category
- Best Film – Bisperas
- Best Director – Aureaus Solito (Busong)
- Special Jury Prize – No winner
- Best Actress – Raquel Villavicencio (Bisperas)
- Best Actor – Bembol Roco (Isda)
- Best Supporting Actress – Julia Clarete (Bisperas)
- Best Supporting Actor – Jaime Pebangco (Patikul)
- Best Screenplay: No winner
- Best Cinematography – Roberto Yñiguez (Bisperas)
- Best Production Design – Rodrigo Riccio (Bisperas)
- Best Editing – Benjamin Tolentino (Isda)
- Best Original Musical Score – Diwa de Leon (Busong)
- Best Sound – Diwa de Leon (Busong)
Congrats to all the winners!
The Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival is an annual event that showcases independent films in the Philippines.It is considered as the biggest Film event in the Philippines making the month of JULY – become the Month of FILIPINO FILMS!