See the Unseen on this year’s CINEMALAYA – The 2011 Philippine Independent Film Festival.Nine Films on the New Breed Full Length Feature Category, ten for the Cinemalaya 2011 Short Film Category and four indie films will be on the Director’s Showcase Category.
Plus there will be special features like Cinemalaya Kids Treats, Ronwaldo Reyes Retrospective, NETPAC Premieres, FOCUS ASIA, SPECIAL SCREENINGS, MIDNITE SPECIALS, Ronwaldo Reyes Retro!, CINEMALAYA DOCUMENTARIES, Other Documentary Programs, Three Docu Premieres, ANI FULL-LENGTHS, ANI SHORTS, Schools and Universities Shorts(Ateneo, DLSU,UP Viscom, UP Film Institute) and Regional Showcase, Atbp.
Cinemalaya 2011 will run from July 15 to 24 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines and from July 16 to 24 at Greenbelt 3 Cinemas 3 and 5.
The Main Event Competition comprises of 3 categories, the new breed full length feature, the short film category and the directors showcase. The main competition will then showcase exactly 23 films in total and they are the following:
- Amok by Lawrence Fajardo
- Ang Babae sa Septic Tank (The Woman in the Septic Tank) by Marlon Rivera and Chris Martinez
- Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa (The Dance of Two Left Feet) by Alemberg Ang and Alvin Yapan
- Bahay Bata (Baby Factory) by Eduardo W. Roy Jr. and Jerome Zamora
- Cuchera by Joseph Israel M. Laban
- I-Libings: Your Loss, Our Luck (E-funerals) by Rommel Andreo Sale
- Ligo Na U, Lapit Na Me (Star-Crossed Love) by Noel Ferrer, Jerry Gracio, and Erick Salud
- Niño by Loy Arcenas
- Teoriya (Father’s Way) by Alistaire Christian E. Chan
Directors Showcase category
- Bisperas (Eve) by Jeffrey Jeturian
- Busong (Palawan Fate) by Auraeus Solito
- Isda (Fable of the Fish) by Adolfo Alix Jr.
- Patikul by Joel C. Lamangan
- Debut by Pamela Llanes Reyes
- Every Other Time by Gino M. Santos
- Hanapbuhay (Source of Income) by Henry Frejas
- Hazard by Mikhail Red
- Immanuel by Gabriel “Gio” Puyat
- Niño Bonito by Rommel “Milo” Tolentino
- Oliver’s Apartment by Misha Balangue
- Samarito (Samaritan) by Rafael Santos
- Un Diutay Mundo (One Small World) by Ana Carlyn V. Lim
- Walang Katapusang Kwarto (An Endless Room) by Emerson Reyes>>You can check the schedules of any of the full-length movies above by simply clicking on the link placed on their titles.
A, will feature the following Short Films:
- UN DIUTAY MUNDO
- WALANG KATAPUSANG KWARTO
- EVERY OTHER TIME
- NINO BONITO
|Screening Date||Day||Start Time||Theaters|
|July 16||Sat||11:00AM||Greenbelt 3 – Cinema 3|
|July 17||Sun||6:15PM|| Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (CCP Main Theatre)
|July 18||Mon||3:30PM||Bulwagang Pambansang Alagad Ng Sining (CCP MKP Hall)|
|July 19||Tue|| 9:00PM
||Greenbelt 3 – Cinema 3|
|July 20||Wed||12:45PM||Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (CCP Main Theatre)|
|July 20||Wed||9:00PM||Bulwagang Pambansang Alagad Ng Sining (CCP MKP Hall)|
|July 21||Thu||6:15PM||Tanghalang Huseng Batute
|July 22||Fri||10:00AM||Tanghalang Aurelio Tolentino (CCP Little Theatre)|
|July 22||Fri||4:00PM|| Greenbelt 3 – Cinema 5
|July 23||Sat|| 3:30 PM
||Tanghalang Huseng Batute (w/talkback)|
- OLIVER’S APARTMENT
|Screening Date||Day||Start Time||Theaters|
|July 16||Sat||9:00PM||Bulwagang Pambansang Alagad Ng Sining (CCP MKP Hall)|
|July 17||Sun||3:30PM|| Tanghalang Aurelio Tolentino (CCP Little Theatre)
|July 18||Mon||12:45PM||Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (CCP Main Theatre)|
|July 19||Tue|| 4:00PM
||Greenbelt 3 – Cinema 5|
|July 20||Wed||12:45PM||Tanghalang Huseng Batute|
|July 21||Wed||6:15PM||Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (CCP Main Theatre)|
|July 21||Thu||9:00PM||Greenbelt 3 – Cinema 3
|July 22||Fri||6:15PM||Tanghalang Huseng Batute (w/talkback)|
|July 23||Sat||11:00AM|| Greenbelt 3 – Cinema 5
||Bulwagang Pambansang Alagad Ng Sining (CCP MKP Hall)|
Meanwhile, Today, 15th of July is the Opening of Cinemalaya 2011. The opening film will be Laurice Guillen’s “MASKARA”, 7:00 pm at the Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (Main Theatre), Cultural Center of the Philippines. Please note that this will be open for the public.
By tomorrow, other sections of Cinemalaya will start, and they’re the ff:
Kids Treats will showcase child-friendly indie films.
- May Pinhod On Ya Scooter
- Maikling Kwento
- My Pet
- Breakfast with Lolo
- Diamante Sa Langit
- Si Bok at Ang Trumpo
- Trails of Water
- Parang Pelikula
- Ugat Sa Lupa
- Wag Kang Titingin
- Pink Halo-Halo
- Two Funerals.
Focus Asia will feature independent films fromdifferent Asian countries – Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Japan.
- Korea’s Bleak Night
- Indonesia’s Chants of Lotus
- Thailand’s SAWASDEE BANGKOK
- Malaysia’s Talentime
- Japan’s German Plus Rain
NETPAC Philippine Premieres will feature another set of eight Filipino independent films.
- Nono by Milo Tolentino
- Liberacion by Adolfo Alix Jr.
- Huling Halik by Zig Dulay
- Boundary by Benito Bautista
- Local Girls by Ned Trespesces and Onnah Valera
- Madness by Bebs Gohetia
- San Lazaro by Wincy Aquino Ong
- Gayuma by Alvin Yapan
The Ronwaldo Reyes Retrospective will highlight the directorial works of National Artist Fernando Poe Jr.So FPJ Fans can flock the theaters to see these famous tagalog action films!
- Matimbang Ang Dugo Sa Tubig (1967)
- Ang Panday(1980)
- San Bernardo(1966)
- Baril Sa Aking Kamay(1966)
- Tatlong Hari(1968)
- Alupihang Dagat(1975)
- Ang Padrino(1984)
- Isang Bala Ka Lang(1983)
- Langit At Lupa(1967)
Cinemalaya Documetary Section
In 2010, the Goethe Institute Philippines collaborated with the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, the School of Design and Arts of the De La Salle College of St. Benilde, and the Independent Filmmakers Cooperative in running a workshop called “Reinvigorating Documentary Filmmaking.” The documentaries in this section represent a sampling of the productions from that workshop.
Ani Section will also be present, featuring the best Filipino indie films from the past years.Including this year’s AMIGO movie!
Midnight Specials will also be present as Cinemalaya will showcase adult-themed indie films.What is Filipino indie films without these modern day version of Filipino Bold Movies?
- Brod by Ray Gibraltar
- Sponsor by Shandii Bacolod
- Taksikab by Archie Del Mundo
- Ombre by Jonison Mones Fontanos
For tickets, call the CCP Box Office at 832-3704 or the CCP Media Arts Office at 832-1125 local 1204/05. Log on to www.culturalcenter.gov.ph and www.cinemalaya.org for more details and updates.