We dare say it’s official! The Mistress is truly a box office success and has the bigest opening record so far this year. According to Box Office Mojo, The Mistress have grossed P106.27-Million on its first week of screening (September 12 to 16, 2012).
Last year’s “Praybeyt Benjamin” still holds the biggest opening record of P110 million, followed by The Mistress at P106 million and that my friend is an all-time record. This year lurks a possible threat of The Mistress to get probably ousted by This Guy’s In Love With U Mare in having the biggest opening record. These movies will however still vie against each other to be the highest grossing film of all time and with UnOfficially Yours for the highest grossing film this year.
It’s quite a surprise that the 6th franchise of Resident Evil did not get the top spot in the box office chart. It only seconded our local drama film with P64-Million also during it’s opening week.
Horror film “Possessions” ranked 3rd with P19-23 Million in its 3rd Week and SM Exclusive critically acclaimed action film “The Raid: Redemption” raked P4.74 million in two weeks. On this box office report’s last spot is the scifi comedy “The Watch” which only grossed P11-Million in 2 weeks.
HIGHEST-GROSSING PINOY MOVIES FOR 2012 SO FAR
(As of September 18, 2012)
1. UnOfficially Yours – P157.25-M
2. Kimmy Dora and the Temple of Kiyeme – P133.33-M
3. The Mistress – P106-M *
4. The Healing – P104.6-M
5. The Reunion – P68.1-M
6. Moron 5 and the Crying Lady – P64.6-M
7. Born to Love You – P52.37-M
8. Corazon Ang Unang Aswang – P51.39-M
9. Every Breath U Take – P50.2-M
10. The Mommy Returns – P30.6-M
11. Boy Pick-Up: The Movie – P25.37-M
12. Amorosa: The Revenge – P25.2-M *
13. A Mother’s Story – P24.81-M
14. My Cactus Heart – P23-M
15. My Kontrabida Girl – P13.1-M
16. I Do Bidoo Bidoo – P12.84-M
17. The Witness – P8.6-M
18. Just One Summer – P6.15-M
19. Hitman – P4.96-M
20. Bwakaw – P1.55-M *
21. Captive – P1.11-M *
22. Mga Mumunting Lihim – P774,349.00
All figures are from Box Office Mojo and Stamometer for the list.