Cinemalaya has announced the finalists for this years Cinemalaya Film Festival. Unlike last year the announcement of the entries is a bit early this year. However, the list doesn’t include the 10 short films for the New Breed Category. Here it goes!
Cinemalaya 2013 Directors’ Showcase:
- “Amor y Muerte” by Cesar Evangelista
- “Extra” by Jeffrey Jeturian
- “The Liars” by Gil M. Portes
- “Sana Dati” by Jerrold Tarog
- “P0rno” by Adolfo Alix Jr.
Cinemalaya 2013 New Breed Full-length Feature Category:
- “Rekorder” by Mikhail Red
- “David F” by Emmanuel Palo
- “Diplomat Hotel” by Christopher Ad. Castillo
- “Quick Change” by Eduardo Roy Jr.
- “Primera Bella” by Richard S. Legaspi
- “Siyam” by Joseph Israel Laban
- “Babagwa” by Jason Paul C. Laxamana
- “Transit” by Hannah Espia
- “Purok 7” by Carlo Obispo
- “Debosyon” by Alvin B. Yapan
What we know so far!
Among the entries we’re most familiar to Christopher Ad Castillo’s Diplomat Hotel. While he hasn’t revealed any plot for his Cinemalaya film, it’s safe to say the film will revolve around the horrors inside Baguio City’s infamous haunted Hotel.
Also, one of the biggest stars to enter Cinemalaya is Ms. Vilma Santos in Jeffrey Jeturian’s Extra. And that she will play a film extra! It’s produced by Atty. Joji Alonso of Quantum Films who brought us Here Comes The Bride, Posas and the MMFF entry The Strangers.
What I think!
I think we have an interesting line-up of Cinemalaya films ahead of us. Since no loglines or plot summaries have been released for each of the entries I can only hope that the films are as catchy Adolfo Alix Jr.’s Porn0. That means, I can’t really think of anything right now! I’m just glad there’s horror on this batch!
The 9th Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival will be held within a 10-day run showcasing new indie films from July 26 to August 4, 2013 at the CCP theaters, Trinoma, and Greenbelt Cinemas.